When elected to the Illinois House of Representatives, I will work tirelessly to improve our state and the nation. I vow to continue to put the value of common good before my own self interests. I am a Whig and I will support the values for which the Whigs stand.
- I am dedicated to economic modernization
- I will promote banking, railroads and the urbanization of Illinois.
- I vow to improve navigation on the waters of Illinois to promote commerce.
- Illinois should be a "Free Soil" state.
- Slavery was founded on both injustice and bad policy
- The promulgation of abolition doctrines tends rather to increase than abate the evils of Slavery
- I believe that suffrage should be open to all white males regardless of land ownership